Valencia, CA – Megapixel VR, the premier authority in video processing and cutting-edge professional display technology, has announced its new HELIOS® LED Processing Platform software release, v22.11.
With the platform’s powerful upgrades and features, HELIOS becomes the first LED processing platform in the industry to support SMPTE ST 2110, a professional suite of standards including video, sync, and metadata streams over IP for real-time production, playout, and other professional media applications. HELIOS supports up to 4 simultaneous SMPTE 2110 inputs for ultra-large canvases beyond 8K. Stitching capability allows for traditional 2×2, super-tall 1×4, or ultra-wide 4×1 applications. As a result, users gain ultimate flexibility for signal distribution and routing with a complete IP workflow and eliminate the need for dedicated signal conversion gear and legacy video signals with cable length restrictions.
“Our launch of ST2110 support in HELIOS is another exciting industry first that continues our investment in bringing cutting-edge new technologies to the display industry. Along with the exciting new workflows that ST2110 brings, we are also tremendously excited to be launching our Megapixel Cloud platform that enables seamless monitoring and operation of display systems from anywhere in the world,” says Megapixel CEO Jeremy Hochman.
Megapixel Cloud is a new service that allows full remote access to display systems via the cloud, a game changer for central maintenance and support of retail deployments, architectural spectaculars, and time-sensitive live events and broadcasts.
Other new updates include:
- Upload multiple images to HELIOS and playback still images as test patterns.
- Tile-generated test pattern that displays the tile cabling topology regardless of current mapping, greatly simplifying manual mapping for complex screen configurations.
- Sync different tile types when using Tile Low Latency mode.
- Eco-friendly low-power tile mode, drawing up to 90% less power than video black on certain tiles.
- New fiber stats report to easily view all the SFP fiber conditions across the entire system in a single view.
- Scheduler functionality to automate functions based on time of day, including brightness, blackout, input selection, and saved configurations.
- Additional input signal failover behavior options include blackout, still-store, or alternate input until the source returns.
- Now display Camera Mode and GhostFrame subframe timings as shutter angles or frame fractions, ideal for those working on set.
- Custom EDID support allows input bandwidth to be reallocated for more efficient use of the pixel canvas.
- Pixel error detection to identify the quantity and location of pixel and driver failures in a screen.
- Hardened security with added support to upload SSL certificates.
v22.11 is available now at https://megapixelvr.com/product-support/helios/
About Megapixel VR
Megapixel, an innovative technology partner with over 200 patents, is best known for delivering fast-tracked, customized, state-of-the-art LED displays and processing to leading entertainment, film, TV, and architectural applications.
With a world-class team of innovators, engineers, and designers, Megapixel consistently delivers the most unique and breakthrough LED solutions to market, ones that inspire a sense of wonder and help visionary clients bring their ideas to life in the most inspiring ways. They are the same team behind iconic large-scale displays at venues like MGM Cotai and Radio City Music Hall, events like the Oscars, Super Bowl halftime shows, and Coachella, and visual effects for blockbuster films & television, including First Man, Netflix’s 1899, and Francis Ford Coppola’s upcoming Megalopolis.
Learn more about Megapixel at https://megapixelvr.com/about-us/
Learn more about SMPTE 2110 at https://www.smpte.org/smpte-st-2110-faq
28316 Constellation Rd
Valencia, CA 91355, United States